5 replies to this topic

#1 Zeta1125

Zeta1125

Zeta1125

Rocket Soldier

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:42 AM

I never really planned to buy Red Alert 3 anytime soon but I recently saw on steam that it was Command & Conquer week and both Red Alert 3 and Uprising would end up costing a total of $20 so I decided to get them.

I finished downloading both today and I ran Red Alert 3 from my Steam game library and it worked just fine.
Unfortunately when I try to run Red Alert 3 Uprising it always says "Please Install Atleast One Language Pack".

I read on the net that there was an easy fix which involved running Regedit and going to the RA3 folder and creating a New String Value, naming it Language and then putting english as the value data, unfortunately this doesn't seem to fix the problem for me, does anyone know what I can do?

By the way, had I not been quick to buy and seen that RA3 Uprising was NOT a multiplayer expansion I wouldn't have even bothered buying it.

#2 Generalcamo

Generalcamo

Generalcamo

What am I doing here?

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  • Ingame Username:Generalcamo

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:14 AM

I don't know how to fix this. However, if you want to play uprising multiplayer, there are a certain number of mods, such as shock therapy, that allows you to do this, WITH OUT needing the uprising pack.

#3 Jeod

Jeod

Jeod

Grenadier

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

Install an official Microsoft language pack. I think any language will work.

#4 Anthrax

Anthrax

Anthrax

The World Serpent.

• Members
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:48 AM

They basically use ripped/salvaged assets from the Uprising Art Packs and the game itself to recreate Uprising's unit and feature additions, those modifications.

Not that it matters, though: 99% of the online player base automatically jump ship over to the next and newest C&C game, e.g., like jumping from Tiberium Wars to Kane's Wrath when it first came out. The same thing has happened with Red Alert 3 and Command and Conquer 4 (since Uprising was single player only, it's an exception to this pattern of behaviour), but since Command and Conquer 4 is -frankly- a pile of shit that makes Daikatana look like God's holy grail, I'd personally expect most people to have already ditched the game.

#5 Zeta1125

Zeta1125

Zeta1125

Rocket Soldier

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

I appreciate the extra info guys and will be sure to try these mods out (multiplayer interests me just to play with my friends so I don't mind if other people have jumped ship).

Still though, since I spent fucking money buying this piece of shit expansion I'd like to be able to play the missions, so if anyone knows how to fix the language error I would be most grateful if you let me know.

Also I made a mistake at the beginning by saying that I created the language pack in the regedit folder, the language pack was actually already there and it was labelled exactly how it should be. I then deleted it and created a new one like I had read on some forums but it still doesn't work. So yeah, any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

#6 wadprime

wadprime

wadprime

< Space For Rent >

• Members
  • 7,673 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

Uprising may not be multiplayer, but I did enjoy the challenges - and they actually were challenging. In hindsight, I probably wouldn't have got it right away, but having spent $5 on it, I don't think you can really complain. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users