Welcome to this November/Movember update comrades! We're celebrating this month of growing charitable facial hair by dedicating this update to the man with the most face fuzz in Red Alert 2!
You guessed it; it's General Vladimir!
Anyway, here's what those scoundrels on the AR team have been doing recently:
- OWA grew a moustache for charity (pictures to follow), he's also been working on the Conscript model.
- dtrngd has been working on optimizing the base buildings so that they don't lag the game out. He's currently working on a quick fix using LOD, but they will be VIS'd later.
- danpaul88 has been working on some Conquest mode scripts. This is essentially a Battlefield-style mode where teams compete to control points on the map. Captured points means more score for your team. The first team to reach the target score wins! :)
- ChAoS has been working on the weapon hand rigs. Check them out in this update!
- Ric has been working on the internals for the Air Force Command HQ. We've got a great idea on what we're going to do with this structure and it should prove to be one of the most exciting interiors yet!
- Dawnblaze has been working on updating BogdanV's spy plane model and getting it ready to unwrap.
- Romanov has been modelling a Javelin missile launcher for the Guardian GI
Tester Recruitment Open!
The wait is over ladies and gentlemen! We are now hiring testers to playtest all three of BHP's games; AR, APB and TSR
Either fire an email off to firstname.lastname@example.org or pm either Chronojam, One Winged Angel or Wallywood on the forums and tell us why you think you'd make an awesome tester! Good luck to you all!
But this guy was done! Why are you re-making him again?!
The short answer? He was literally too short. This meant his neck bent in the wrong place which looked pretty weird. Also some new references were found and the model was corrected to fit them.
One Winged Angel has been making these updates, since this is his pet project. This is the best version of the conscript yet and should prove to be the final model.
Please Note: On the second image the shoulder pads have been removed because they clip through the arms, however this will be remedied when the character is rigged, since the arms will fold down instead of being stuck in a T pose. Also, the coat hasn't been modelled over the legs yet. This is still very much a work in progress.
Romanov has been modelling a Javelin launcher for the Guardian GI. w were originally going to go with an AT4, then an SMAW, but now we've finally settled on the Javelin launcher; partly due to the GGI's weapon in rules.ini being called JavelinMissile.
He's made a great start on this and the model is about ready to unwrap now! :)
Ric has been working on the interior for the Air Force Command HQ! This structure will be where you'll need to go if you want to fly a Harrier or get para-dropped out of a plane (USA only). The structure will have several rooms above ground, along with a large underground basement where the Harriers will be built. There will be four elevators which will correspond to the four landing pads; so that when you build a Harrier, it will be brought up to the ground level from the basement.
Here are a few pictures!
ChAoS's rigging progress
ChAoS has been rigging up the weapons in first person view with a little help from Eggman891. these use the new hand rig that was going to be in APB until the project was put on hold for some reason. These new weapon poses will preally help to define AR as it's own game and pull it away from Renegade even more!
Kudos to ChAoS for taking on this job because it's tricky to get right and he's doing a great job!
Take a look at the rigs for the MP5, the Beretta and the Electric Drill!
You may be wondering about the HUD that is shown in those screenshots. It is a HUD made by Deathlink6.0 of the RenegadeX team, but has been modified by Soulhunter to work with Scripts 4.0 and therefore AR. We plan to tweak it for our own use later on, but thanks goes out to the authors of this cool HUD for the awesome work they have done! Hopefully they approve of its inclusion in AR! :)
The new forum skin has been given to the testers for bug checking. After the bugs have been squashed it should be rolled out for everyone to use!
Here's a reminder of what you'll get when this is rolled out!
Random RA2 Corner
Some video goodness right here!
Battlefield 2 at it's
These guys love Battleships
Here's a video with some neat cosplay in it. (Fun fact, the Red Engineer that is at the beginning of the video is OWA!)
Drop by next month for some more good stuff!